Lomo Saltado consists of sirloin steak, vegetables and potatoes. It's Peru's own beef stew. Lomo Saltado is a traditional and popular Peruvian recipe. Garnish with cilantro. Tastes delicious served over steamed white rice.
• 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
• 1/2 Cup Onion, sliced
• 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
• 1/2 Cup Bell Pepper, Red Or Yellow, chopped
• 1 1/2 Cups Potato, cubed and cooked
• 1 Tablespoon Jalapeno Pepper, diced
• 1/2 Pound Sirloin Steak, sliced thin
• 1 Tomato, chopped
• 1 Teaspoon Fresh Oregano
• Salt And Pepper, to taste
Heat oil in a non-stick pan and saute the onion, garlic and bell pepper. Add potato and cook, stirring occasionally, until potato just begins to brown. Add chile and steak. Saute a few more minutes. Stir in tomato, oregano, salt and pepper.