• 2 cans garbanzos, rinsed and drained (set aside1/4 cup liquid)
• 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 Cup lemon juice
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1/4 Teaspoon cracked black pepper
• 1/4 Teaspoon paprika
• 3 Tablespoons tahini (sesame paste)
• 2 Tablespoons Italian flat-leaf parsley, chopped
In food processor, add the garbanzos, and puree.
Combine olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, pepper, paprika, tahini and parsley. Blend well. Add reserved liquid, 1 tablespoon at a time until the mixture is a thick spread. Serve.