This chipotle chile has a great spice and is hot and filling. It's lower in fat than most chili's because it is made with ground turkey, and low-fat cheese. If you prefer to use beef you can substitute with a ground sirloin. Dip into a bowl of chipotle chile with corn chips, tastes great.
• 1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
• 1 small onion, chopped
• 2 Teaspoon canola oil
• 1/2 Teaspoon chili powder
• 1 Teaspoon salt
• 1 Lb. ground turkey breast
• 1- 15 oz. can tomato sauce
• 1 -15 oz. can kidney beans, don't drain
• 1/2 Teaspoon canned chipotle pepper, minced
• 1/2 Cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar
In a saucepan, sauté bell pepper and onion in oil over medium heat 5 minutes. Add turkey stirring, about 5 minutes. Add tomato sauce, kidney beans, seasonings, and chipotle. Stir all ingredients well. Increase heat, stirring, until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Serve with cheese sprinkled on top. Make 4 servings.