A chipotle is a smoke-dried jalapeño chili used primarily in Mexican-inspired cuisine like this recipe. There are many varieties of jalapeños which vary in size and heat. This chipotle chile has a great flavor and is hot and filling. It's lower in fat than most chili's because it is made with ground turkey, and low-fat cheese. It's heating up outside I'm craving something spicy.
• 1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
• 1 small onion, chopped
• 2 Teaspoon canola oil
• 1/2 Teaspoon chili powder
• 1 Teaspoon salt
• 1 Lb. ground turkey breast
• 1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
• 1 15 oz. can kidney beans, don't drain
• 1/2 Teaspoon canned chipotle pepper, minced
• 1/2 Cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar
In a saucepan, sauté bell pepper and onion in oil over medium heat 5 minutes. Add turkey and cook, stirring, about 5 minutes. Add tomato sauce, beans, seasonings, and chipotle. Stir well. Increase heat, stirring, until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Serve with cheese sprinkled on top. Make 4 servings.