This is a Thanksgving Day favorite dessert recipe perfect for those watching their sugar intake. Perfect for diabetics and dieters. Make this a healthier recipe by using egg whites, and using a whole grain pie shell.
• 1 deep dish pie shell
• 3 large eggs, Beaten ( or 1 whole, and 2 egg whites)
• 1 (15 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
• 1 (12 ounce) can Low-Fat evaporated milk
• 1 Cup Splenda sugar substitute
• 2 Teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Allow pie crust to thaw at
room temperature for 15 minutes.
Combine eggs, pumpkin, evaporated milk, Splenda, and pumpkin pie spice in a large bowl using an electric mixer
on medium speed for about a 1 minute.
Pour this pumpkin mixture into the thawed pie shell.
Bake pie on center oven rack for about 35-40 minutes
or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool before cutting into 8 servings.
Garnish with Low-fat Whipped cream.