Salman Khan - the new Tarzan!

Salman has just signed on a film called Tarzan, set in the jungles. Salman will sport a new look for the film, which will go on the floors next year.


"I was always fascinated by Tarzan stories and I am glad that I have got a chance to do the film," Salman told reporters in Mumbai. "I want to do the film for children," the actor said. "I have found out that I have a huge fan following among kids, and I want to dedicate this film to them." said Salman.

"I will get a new hairstyle for this film. It will be as popular as my hairstyle in Tere Naam. I want a different kind of look that will become a style statement," Salman added.

Asked if he was prepared to stay in a jungle, Salman exclaimed, "Of course! Tarzan lived in a jungle with wild animals. You will see that element in my film too. I only hope animal activists don't come after my life before the film begins!" he laughed.

Does he see a market for such kinds of movies? "If (actor) Hemant Birje could make Tarzan a hit film 20 years ago, then I am sure I too can make it."

It seems that Salman has been inspired by Aamir Khan and his new children's film, Taare Zameen Par. Salman's film will be directed by Anees Bazmee who directed No Entry, one of Salman's biggest hits.