Priyanka Chopra


Priyanka Chopra's arrived. The second female ever to win a Filmfare Best Villain Award for her role in Aitraaz, Priyanka's now enjoying the limelight as the leading lady in a number of Bollywood flicks.

After Krrish, Don and Salaam-e-Ishq, Priyanka is doing Love Story 2050, Drona and God Tussi Great Ho. In fact, Love Story 2050, a futuristic film, promises to show her in a 'shockingly' different role. And Hollywood offers are pouring in as well, keeping Priyanka on a high.

Another thing taking her high is India's win at the Twenty20 World Cup. Yes, the lady's a cricket enthusiast and we couldn't resist asking her about the nation's win in South Africa. "I am so excited!

We won the World Cup! It was really a nail biting match. The boys put up an exceptional show in spite of Rahul Dravid, Sachin Tendulkar and Sourav Ganguly's absence. MS Dhoni's captaincy was fantastic. He supported the team very well. I loved the team work," she gushes at the mere mention of the final match between the Indian and Pakistani cricket teams.

Priyanka says she was positive India was going to bring home the cup.

"When India won the toss, I felt it was a sign. I hope every child in India forgets the last World Cup and remembers this win for years to come. No one expected a final between India and Pakistan. And I think Shah Rukh Khan's presence proved a lucky charm," she says of her Don co-star.

Some of her exuberance, however, fades when you steer the topic to her injury. On the sets of Drona, Priyanka experienced a mishap. "I tore my abdomen muscle while doing a somersault stunt for a combat scene in Drona without warming up. I thought I was Krrish! But I couldn't relax. I had to shoot for a song sequence immediately after. I used some ice packs and plasters to heal it," says the brave beauty. In Drona, Priyanka plays bodyguard to Abhishek Bachchan's character.

Talking about abs, Did she see SRK's? He's sporting a beefy look these days. "I think his efforts are really commendable. I think he inspires everybody to have a great physique. In fact, I am all inspired to hit the gym now," she replies. The gym workout might help if rumors are to be believed. It seems that the former Miss World is being considered for Madhur Bhandarkar's Fashion, a bleak look at the underbelly of the glam world.

Ask her about this and she is non-committal. "Nothing is final at the moment, so I can't comment on it," she says. Priyanka shies away from comment when you ask about her legal battle with former secretary Prakash Jaju too. "The matter has been finalized and we have come to a mutual agreement" is all she is willing to divulge.

Catch her on whether she features in the sequel to Krrish and her reply is near about the same. "I don't know yet. That's something you would have to ask Rakesh Roshan. Do ask him," she smiles. If fielding uncomfy questions was an Olympic game, Priyanka would win hands down!

On Hollywood rumors, however, she is more forthcoming. Reports say that Priyanka turned down Ashok Amritraj's Hollywood production. "The dates didn't work out. I have been busy shooting for Love Story 2050 and Drona. There's also God Tussi Great Ho. In between these I couldn't find the time to accommodate his film," she reveals.

However, this doesn't mean that the model-actress is not considering Hollywood projects. It's just that she wants to choose carefully. "I want to be king of one than be a jack of all. But that doesn't mean I won't do English films. Whether it is a Hindi film or Kannada or Bengali, as long as it interests me, I'll do it," she avers. Going global her way, that's Priyanka for you.